Fullscreen annoyances

edited 2015 Jul 10 in Technical Support
Just wanted to say, really great work on the doomsday engine.

One question, is there a configuration setting to completely turn off fullscreen? I mean so that it NEVER goes fullscreen? See, the Alt-F11 key sequence is what I constantly use to release the mouse, but the F11 sequence causes it to go full-screen and completely screws up my desktop and all my windows. Sometimes the Alt doesn't catch/detect, and it's actually a real problem.
Maybe it's just a very bad coincidence in the keysetting defaults (perhaps I can change them?)

Comments

• One doesn't need to press Alt+F11; F11 by itself is the in game shortcut.

Add -wnd to the command line to default to windowed mode.

The Snowberry GUI also has an option under display that will add it to the command line for you.
  • charlton wrote:
    Just wanted to say, really great work on the doomsday engine.
    Thanks! :)
    charlton wrote:
    One question, is there a configuration setting to completely turn off fullscreen?
    A few things that might help you:
    • The mouse is automatically released when you make the Doomsday Taskbar visible, either by pressing Shift+Esc or your configured shortcut (default is Tilde). Clicking on the game view will again hide the cursor and the taskbar.
    • If you set the fullscreen resolution to match your desktop resolution (under Gear > Video in the taskbar), there is no danger of messing up your windows since the display mode isn't changed when you run Doomsday.
    • You can change the release mouse binding in the console, for instance:
      bindevent global:key-f9 releasemouse

• Excellent! My problem(s) are fixed!
    I didn't realize there was more than one way to skin this cat.

I've played thru Doom2, Evilution, and Plutonia... never could get into the Hexen series.
    Now I just need to find some new .wads/games for this engine.

:)