Player Multiplayer Issue on the Recent Build

edited 2015 Jul 27 in Technical Support
I have noticed that the recent build is that the player (client) shows animation problems. One player would see the other player's animation move on its own when the first player moves around. When one player dies, it also show the body moves when the other player that is still alive moves across the floor. I have tried the previous build which was version 1.14.5 which does not show this problem. However, build 1.14.5 had an issue where monsters would 'clip' between floor or walls. I think the recent build has already solved this problem.

Also, I was wondering is there any way to make the server runs the monsters smoothly? The frames seem to drag a little with monsters' movements appear to slow down on the server. I have set the server up with option -fast to make monsters more challenging. I was wondering if this would be resolved as well in the near future?

Comments

• I'll check the player movement glitch, thanks for reporting. EDIT: Created a bug report: http://tracker.skyjake.fi/issues/2099

When it comes to the monster movement, there is currently no way to make them go smoother. That is on my to-do list for later, though.
  • Thanks for responding. I'm presently using the Build 1.10.4 for my multiplayer experience which at moment hasn't cause any issue. Once you get that player glitch resolved I would eventually update for sure. I will be posting a few things on my webpage probably tonight. I have few unofficial models pack (Risen3D version) and a few Sitters' maps I would like to share to be used with Doomsday Engine.
  • Also facing an issue in latest stable build in deathmatch where a standing ghost sprite of a deceased player is sometimes left behind (instead of dead body sprite). This causes some humorous confusion as you have to then determine if it's actually the player standing still, or if its a dead doppelganger. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, and a map can be riddled with dead player doppelgangers standing there all over the place.

in all reality, while this is a bug that needs attention, it really should be feature for doppelganger-like mode, just because its kind of fun in its own way (using it as a decoy).

Also, shotgun blasts sometimes far more shot-spread impact effects per shot. So if you're firing the shotgun, you can see far more pellet hits on walls than normal.

Other than that, a Message of The day (to display more info, voice server info, etc) would be nice for servers. As well as active player stats screen.