Tally screen and items pickup

edited 2015 Feb 10 in DOOM
Couple of things, first.

1. Thank you SO MUCH, to all Doomsday engine team and the fantastic group of people who run this project and community! You folks are the BEST!!! This is reliving the good old days in real 3D!!! Awesome work, you all!!!

2. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section (this is my first post in this forum).

Now that we got that out of the way, I wanted to check with my fellow community members - did any of you folks experienced the following with the current Doomsday engine?

I was playing Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 in Ultraviolence difficulty setting on Windows 7 x64 platform.

1. For levels with no secrets, the tally screen shows 0% completion. This wasn't the case with other ports that I previously played on such as ZDoom. Is this an expected behavior?

2. For levels such as Map 27: Monster Condo where there are two Computer Map items, I wasn't able to pick up the second computer map (even when walking over the item) since I already had the first one. Since computer map counts as an item in the item tally screen, I wasn't able to get 100% items. Is this expected?

Thanks in advance to all the answers! Cheers!

Comments

• edited 2015 Feb 10
    1. For levels with no secrets, the tally screen shows 0% completion. This wasn't the case with other ports that I previously played on such as ZDoom. Is this an expected behavior?

2. For levels such as Map 27: Monster Condo where there are two Computer Map items, I wasn't able to pick up the second computer map (even when walking over the item) since I already had the first one. Since computer map counts as an item in the item tally screen, I wasn't able to get 100% items. Is this expected?
    Yes, both of these are the same behaviour as the original game.

ZDoom changed the secret counter behaviour so that it displays 100% on 0 secret maps and the two Computer Maps was a 'mapping oversight' by ID, as detailed here.
  • Thank you so much!! This helps. :-)