Texture Packs for GZDoom and Zandronum

Hello guys. :)

I'm new to the Doom franchise (shame on me) and after all these years I'd like to play the first Doom game. I've downloaded GZDoom and the Brutal Doom mod and it works fine. I wanted to get the Texture Pack for GZDoom from http://dhtp.freelanzer.com/, but after it has been downloaded GZDoom says that the downloaded Texture Pack is corrupted and can't be used. (I downloaded it three times.) Same goes for the Zandronum Texture Pack.

Can someone please upload his Texture Pack(s) for me? That would be really kind. :)
I want to use them on GZDoom and maybe on Zandronum, too.

Regards,
That New Doom Guy :))

Comments

• downloading now at 3:16 am where i am and will test in the morning but it should be fine if there is any problems i will post here.
  • Hi,

I'm thinking if there isn't a (Textures and Flats) directory that GZDoom might use, it may require that a TEXTURES.txt might need made with a list of the textures in the packs to be used in order so the textures actually show up in game.

However I have not tested this pack with GZ, but I recalling doing as such when creating a mod for GZDoom some years back when making custom hi-res textures for it. :
    http://megasphere.files.wordpress.com/2 ... image4.png
    Even though, at the time of the shot it was in skulltag, it was the same file structure for GZ as well, and should be for Zan also.

A TEXTURES.txt lump however may only be required if they are patch textures as a replacement for the originals. But if the texture names in this case are the same as the originals, it may only require that a TEXTURES and FLATS folder need be created and then the packs textures placed in those folders only, separately. ~ in ZDoom based source engine.

A couple of things to keep in mind though is that the textures might only show up in opengl/hardware render in GZ and Zan and that the pack was originally created for DE and will no doubt look different than expected in other ports.
    Let me know if you've figured it out or you need help and I'll look in to it.