Segmentation Violation when using tab completion

edited 2013 Oct 29 in Technical Support
I'm getting a Segmentation Violation when using tab completion. It doesn't always happen. And it's seems to be tied specifically when tab completion would suggest words. I'm not 100% sure what's the trigger but seems to happen most when using tab twice as the example below. It's easier If I do it immediately after launching.

Example I would type:
1) upd{TAB}
this will work fine and auto-complete to "update" because it's not ambiguous up to that point.
2) if i hit {TAB} again, then it's supposed to show 2 commands that beging with "update...", that's when it crashes.

Note: doesn't seem to happen if I type "update" right from the start, instead of "upd".
Parsing definition files...
readAllDefinitions: Completed in 0.027 seconds.
Definitions:
  28 animation groups
  6 composite fonts
  9 finales
  9 lights
  38 map infos
  11 materials
  19 particle generators
  4 skies
  33 songs
  110 sound effects
  138 sprite names
  974 states
  49 surface decorations
  368 text strings
  8 texture environments
  140 things
buildSprites: Completed in 0.007 seconds.
R_InitSprites: Completed in 0.007 seconds.
Models_Init: Completed in 0.00 seconds.
Failed locating image resource for "Particle00".

Ultimate DOOM

Segmentation Violation

Restoring original display mode due to shutdown.
Canvas: Lost focus.
Shutting down the console...
Z_Shutdown: Used 1 volumes, total 33554432 bytes.

Comments

• Also, once the popup does show correctly without crashing (like when typing "update"), I can't seem to re-create the crash by typing "upd" and {TAB}{TAB}.

But I can close the game, open it. And then do "upd" {TAB}{TAB} and that will crash it.
  • Yep I can reproduce this one. I'll take care of it: http://tracker.skyjake.fi/issues/1645

EDIT: Fixed in 1032 (1.13 unstable). We'll also release 1.12.2 later this week including this fix.