Hexen v1.0 support (#536 onwards)

edited 2012 Jun 21 in General
While it is recommended to use the latest version of Hexen (v1.1) with Doomsday, I've added a separate game mode for Hexen v1.0. Friday's build will add "Hexen v1.0" as an option in the frontend. At the moment, you can use the "load hexen-v10" command in the console or "-g hexen-v10" when launching to select v1.0 as the game mode.

People on v1.0 cannot play multiplayer with people using v1.1.

The v1.0 game mode needs a little bit of testing, though. If you happen to have a v1.0 Hexen IWAD and some spare time, you could help us out by doing some play-testing and reporting here any issues you encounter that are not present with the v1.1 IWAD. Particularly I'm interested in crashes and fatal errors.

For reference:
  • Hexen v1.0 IWAD: 20128392 bytes, MD5: b2543a03521365261d0a0f74d5dd90f0
  • Hexen v1.1 IWAD: 20083672 bytes, MD5: abb033caf81e26f12a2103e1fa25453f

Comments

• edited 2012 Jun 21
    • Wrong colours for the classes on the select classes page; the are orange instead of red.
    • Intermission texts don't display; "(text not found)" is displayed instead; the 1.0 Iwad hardcodes them instead of using lumps for them as 1.1 does.
    • The colour cycling on the player sprite on the MP Player setup menu doesn't look like it's been updated to take into account there are only 4 colours in 1.0 instead of the 8 in 1.1.
    • No way of getting to Map41 (the unused level accidently left in 1.0 but removed for 1.1); the level warp cheats instead take you back to Map01.
    • The pickup names for the "chaos device" and "disc of repulsion" are the wrong way round in 1.0; probably not worth imitating that one (though not mimicing it may cause an issue someday if Dday gains support for HexHacked, HeXens equivalent of Dehacked?).

Snowberry:
    • No Snowberry profile for 1.0 yet, meaning one has to use the load command from the console: OT, theres also no Snowberry profile for the HeXen beta demo yet.
    • Might also want to update Snowberry's HeXen-DK Iwad search page to indicate a 1.0 Iwad won't let you run DK.

An issue in both 1.0 and 1.1:
    • Menu items on MP Player setup menu are at the top and bottom of the screen rather than the middle.
  • Good stuff, thanks. I'll add the relevant portions to the stable to-do list.